Source: Link Testing Instruments Co.,Ltd
The style, quality, price, comfort and other factors of clothes, shoes and hats are important parameters for people to consider whether to buy or not. They are also several aspects that clothing manufacturers must consider and promote to ensure the quality of clothes and businesses to attract customers. With the fierce competition in the clothing market, in view of the influence of friction coefficient on clothing comfort, the friction performance of fabrics used in the production of clothes, shoes and hats has gradually been paid attention to, and the friction coefficient has also become a new concept for manufacturers to promote and promote.
The coefficient of friction of the clothing fabric is large, it will produce a greater friction force on the skin, which will seriously affect the comfort of the clothes, and the coefficient of friction of the cloth used in the shoes has a more obvious impact on the wearing experience. The COF is too large for a long time. Walking, it is easy to cause strong pain in the heels, soles of the feet, etc., and even blisters when rubbed. The friction coefficient is small, and slipping occurs easily during walking. There are many factors that affect the coefficient of friction of the fabric, such as the shape of the fiber, the twist and morphological characteristics of the yarn, the structure of the fabric, and the pre-treatment, dyeing, printing, and finishing after weaving the fabric. Therefore, by optimizing the process of fabric design and production, making the fabric with suitable friction properties is an important measure to improve the market competitiveness of the fabric and the clothing made of it.
Test method and instrument
The test method can be based on the GB 10006-1988 "Plastic Film and Sheet Friction Coefficient Test Method"; the test instrument uses Link Testing LTCOF-05A Coefficient of Friction Tester.
This equipment is designed and developed according to the definition of friction coefficient, that is the ratio of the friction force generated between the contact surfaces and the pressure acting vertically on the surface of the object when two objects are in contact. The specific implementation process is to apply pressure to the sample with a slider with a known pressure value to cause the test sample to slide relative to the friction surface. Through the force value of the test sample before and during the sliding process, the test results can be obtained. The coefficient of static and dynamic friction.
Test sample and test process
Test sample: a certain sports brand clothing fabric, the friction surface selected in this test is the steel plate test bench of the testing equipment.
(1) Three samples of 63 mm × 100 mm are randomly cut from the surface of the cloth sample.
(2) Fix one of the samples on the slider with a fixing device.
(3) Connect the clamped sample slide with the force sensor of the device with a connecting spring, and then place the slide on the steel plate test bench of the device without impact. The sliding direction of the sample should be parallel to the traction direction.
(4) Set test parameters such as test speed and test stroke, and click the test option to start the test.
(5) The sample is stationary on the surface of the test bench for 15 s. After the sample is in full contact with the surface of the test bench, relative sliding starts automatically. The equipment automatically records the force value during the test and calculates the static friction of the sample after the test is over. Coefficient, dynamic friction coefficient.
Repeat steps (2) ~ (5) until all 3 samples are tested.
Test results and analysis
The static friction coefficients of the three samples tested in this test were 0.316, 0.308, 0.331, and the dynamic friction coefficients were 0.291, 0.286, 0.308. The friction coefficient test results of the cloth samples were the average of the three test results, namely The coefficient of static friction and dynamic friction are 0.318 and 0.295 respectively.
For more details please visit our website www.linktesting.org