Source：Link Testing Instruments Co.,Ltd.
Jam is a sauce made from fruit and sugar, which can preserve the fruit for a long time. In order to extend the shelf life of jams, glass cans or aluminum-plastic composite film packaging are mostly used, which not only retains the taste of the product, but also ensures that the sugar and nutrients in the product are not easily oxidized and deteriorated.
Compared with ordinary plastic composite films, the jam aluminum-plastic composite film contains metal materials such as aluminum foil inside. Therefore, compared with ordinary composite films or single-layer films, the aluminum-plastic composite film has greater barrier properties, physical and mechanical properties, etc. improve. If the peeling strength of the composite film material is low, it is easy to peel off and delamination between the individual layers after packaging the contents, which not only reduces the physical and mechanical properties of the packaging material such as barrier properties and impact resistance, but also easily causes the product to swell Case. Therefore, it is of great significance to strengthen the monitoring of the composite fastness of composite membrane materials.
Test methods and experimental equipment
The method standard for testing the peel strength of flexible plastic packaging composite film is GB 8808-1988 "Test Method for Peeling of Flexible Composite Plastic Material".
In this test, the LTS-05 intelligent electronic tensile testing machine independently developed and designed by Link Testing was used to detect the peel strength of the aluminum-plastic composite film samples.
Test principle: The fixtures of the equipment are divided into upper and lower fixtures. The upper fixture can move at a preset speed, while the lower fixture remains fixed. During the test, clamp the two ends of the sample in the upper and lower clamps respectively. With the movement of the upper clamp, the sample will be damaged by stretching, peeling or tearing, and the force value and displacement caused by the change of the sample They are monitored by force sensor and displacement sensor respectively placed on the movable chuck, and according to the monitoring results, the peel strength, breaking force, deformation rate and other properties of the sample are calculated.
Test samples and test procedures
Test sample: Jam aluminum-plastic composite bag provided by a food company.
(1) Cut out 5 samples each with a width of 15 mm and a length of 200 mm along the horizontal and vertical sides of the sample.
(2) Each sample strip is manually peeled off 50 mm in advance.
(3) Clamp the two ends of the stripped part of the sample in the upper and lower clamps of the equipment respectively, and the longitudinal axis of the stripped part of the sample coincides with the center lines of the upper and lower clamps.
(4) Set the test speed, sample width and other parameter information, click the test option, and the test will start.
(5) The equipment automatically detects the force value changes during the test, and calculates and displays the final peel strength value of the sample based on the detected data.
Test results and analysis
The horizontal peel strengths of the jam aluminum-plastic composite film samples tested this time were 2.15 N/15mm, 1.97N/15mm, 2.07 N/15mm, 1.81N/15mm, 1.86 N/15mm, and the longitudinal peel strengths were 1.85 N/ 15mm, 1.93N/15mm, 2.14 N/15mm, 2.21N/15mm, 1.98 N/15mm.
For more details please visit www.linktesting.org