Source: Link Testing Instruments Co.,Ltd.
Why does the packaging of finished food products that are convenient for brewing leak ?
Leakage often occurs in the packaging of some ready-to-brew food products.
(1) Packaging materials
Poor heat sealing performance - in the packaging process of convenient food preparation, there are often fine particles sticking to the heat seal. The strength is easy to decrease, the sealing performance is poor, and it is easy to leak air or powder when it is squeezed by external force or the storage time is prolonged. The heat seal strength of the finished packaging bag and the empty packaging bag not filled with content can be tested separately for comparative verification.
(2) Finished product packaging production process
Poor performance of the heat seal - if the parameters of the heat seal equipment are not set properly, the sealing quality of the heat seal will be poor, poor heat seal or excessive heat seal will occur, which will easily cause air leakage or powder leakage at the heat seal.
——Pay attention to the daily monitoring of main performances such as heat-sealing strength (empty packaging bag), heat-sealing strength (finished packaging bag), and sealing performance (negative pressure method) of the packaging.
——Select packaging materials that are resistant to inclusions and still have good heat-seal ability (that is, when the heat-seal is stained with debris, liquid droplets, powder and other particles, it still has good heat-seal ability), or appropriately increase the thickness of the heat-seal layer material .
——Adjust the heat-sealing process parameters to avoid fine particles sticking to the heat-sealing part and ensure the heat-sealing part has good heat-sealing quality.
Typical quality cases:
——Test sample: the plastic composite film used in the small packaging bag of black sesame paste (the customer reported that the product is prone to leakage when it is squeezed).
——Targeted testing items: heat-sealing strength of empty packaging bags, heat-sealing strength and sealing performance of finished packaging bags (negative pressure method).
——Test results: In the sealing performance (negative pressure method) test, the finished packaging bag leaks at the heat seal at -18KPa; the heat seal strength of the empty packaging bag is 18N/15mm, and the sample is at the root of the heat seal The heat seal strength of the finished package is 19N/15mm, the sample is also broken at the root of the heat seal, and the heat seal has obvious shrinkage, that is, there is a problem of excessive heat sealing. Therefore, improper setting of heat-sealing parameters leads to excessive heat-sealing of the heat-sealing port, which is an important reason for the above-mentioned problems in this product.
What properties should be paid attention to when the packaging materials used in boxes (barrels) of instant noodles enter the factory?
(1) Barrier property
• The barrier properties of oxygen and water vapor in the environment - verified by the two tests of oxygen transmission rate and water vapor transmission rate, so as to prevent the packaging material from moldy and brittleness reduction caused by the large permeation rate and poor barrier property of the packaging material Phenomenon.
(2) Physical and mechanical properties
• Compression performance—Verified by the pressure resistance test to prevent instant noodle boxes (barrels) from changing during stacking and extrusion
(3) Hygienic performance
• Residual amount of organic solvents—Verified by solvent residual test. If there is too much residual solvent, the packaging box will have an odor, and the residual solvent will easily migrate to the packaged instant noodles, resulting in odor of instant noodles and affecting the health of consumers.
• Plasticizer content—Verified by the phthalate content test to prevent it from migrating into instant noodles under conditions such as heat and oil, and affecting the health of consumers.
Instant noodle packaging roll film is prone to slipping and deviation during the process of bag making on the production line.
(1) Packaging materials
• Low or uneven coefficient of friction—when the inner surface of the packaging roll film has a low or uneven coefficient of friction than the outer surface (or the inner surface of the packaging film and the metal reel of good production equipment in direct contact Low or uneven), when making bags, under the same drag force, it is easy to slip or deviate.
(2) Production equipment
• Unsmooth surface of the unwinding reel—the surface of the reel on which the film is placed in the production equipment is not smooth, resulting in uneven friction coefficient with the inner surface of the film, which is prone to deviation.
——Pay attention to the in-factory monitoring of the friction coefficient index of packaging materials.
For more details please visit www.linktesting.org